Please bring the following with you:
- Proof of identification (photo ID).
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents.
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number.
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return.
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099).
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received.
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available.
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check.
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number.
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements.
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable.
About the Tax Credits:
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) programs provide federal tax benefits for low and moderate-income workers. The EITC offsets some or all of those families' federal income taxes and in many cases provides a supplemental source of income to help offset other taxes, including sales and payroll taxes. In order to claim the credits, eligible workers must file a tax return.
*Attendees interested in having their taxes filed at the VITA site must bring the following documents: W-2 and 1099, Social Security card (yours and your dependents'), photo identification, and should bring a copy of 2020 tax return.
For more information, please contact 211 or the United Way of St. Lucie & Okeechobee at (772) 464-5300.